I forgot to mention about our trip down to Utah. We left our apartment at about 1:30 PM on Thursday, December 22nd. We drove all night and got to my parents' house at about 2:30 AM. It wasn't too bad actually. Grace had her dvd player and we enjoyed all of the Christmas classics plus some new favorites like "Elf" and "The Santa Clause". We tried "The Grinch" but it was too scary for little Miss G. Then after she fell asleep Jimi and I popped in "The Big Bang Theory and enjoyed listening to Sheldon and his narcissistic tendencies. :) It was a pretty fun trip that seemed to go pretty quickly. We were so excited to be there for the holiday.
We were able to stay for about 17 days! It was a much needed break from the grey Seattle skies and it was so fun being around everyone. I have always loved family get togethers but appreciate them even more now!
Our trip home wasn't as fun and didn't go as quickly. Jimi had been in Miami for about 6 days and his flight landed at about 1:30 AM the morning we were to leave. So I was at the airport waiting for his delayed flight for several hours. Thanks to Tracy who rode along with me and kept me awake. We finally got home at about 2:30 AM and had plans of heading out at by 7AM. Needless to say, that didn't happen. We left at 9 instead. I was pretty sure I would cry the entire way home because I would be sad to leave. I am happy to report that I was a little bumbed but I didn't shed a single tear.
We did stop in Boise at a Redbox and got Gracie a few new movies to watch. That was a hit and kept her happy for the trip home.
I was fighting a major cold and by the time we got to Snoqualmie Pass my ears were so full and there was so much pressure in my head that I couldn't even hear a single thing. It was fun. We got home about 9:30 PM and headed straight to bed. Jimi headed to work the next day and I unpacked. Ok, I will be honest, it took me several days to completely empty the car.
Funny how a 1200 square foot apartment feels like home when you have been gone for a few weeks. It was nice to be back and be in a routine again but I would by lying if I didn't say that I still dream of the time when we call Utah home again.
Here are some random pictures of our time there. Most days we were just too busy to take a lot of pictures.
Gracie adores her Uncle Ryan. Here they are telling funny stories on the floor.
Riding the 4-wheeler with Grampa
Wrestling with Carter.
My mom has an impressive collection of kids' books from all her teaching days. Every night before bed, Gracie would bring in a stack of books that she and Grampa would read together.
Then we'd give Grama hugs and head to bed.
Roxy often would sleep in my parents' room on Tipper's little bed. I would wake up in the middle of the night and she would be gone. I always found her in here. I think she missed them as much as the rest of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment