Sunday, May 16, 2010

Earrings no more.

Gracie has been such a busy little girl.  At eight months she is crawling all over the place, getting into everything and walking along the couch.  Occasionally she will try to stand on her own.  Tonight, she was walking along the couch in our front room and her little earring got caught on the fringe of a pillow and she went down and the pillow stayed up!  She started screaming and I couldn't figure out why.....then I saw it.  Her poor little ear!  The earring tore the hole a little and it was bleeding.  I was so afraid that if I didn't take out the earrings she would end up with an ear that looked like it was gaged!  So, alas, her earrings were removed and she is without her bling.  I felt so sad that she was crying, she actually didn't even cry that much when we had them pierced in the first place.  I didn't want her to get them caught again, or at night or naptime and I wouldn't even know, so I did the responsible thing.  But for the record, I still loved her little pierced ears and am sad to see them go.  On the plus side, everyone who thought I was a terribly mean mom to do that to my baby will stop telling me so every time they see her.  Now, they will just say, 'I told you so.'  :)

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Poor Gracie! I am sure she will heal quickly. Her bling was mighty cute...

Johnstun Fam said...

oh sad, poor Gracie and poor Mommy! But hey at least she will get to relive the whole experiance when she is older! :)

Melissa said...

That is hilarious. I don't think you're a mean, cruel, ridiculous mother for having them. I thought they were so cute. This reminds me of a time about a year ago when my co-workers decided they wanted to take a pole dancing class. I thought it sounded a bit risque but I was really curious to see if all my time in the gym had ever paid off and if my upper body strength would help so I said I'd go. The night we were supposed to go I got ridiculously lost (in Sugar House of all places) and never made it. Now the joke in my house is that God didn't want me to take pole dancing classes and thus prevented me from checking it out. You can use that excuse to if you'd like. :)