Tuesday, April 15, 2008

the 411 on me!

So I was tagged a few weeks ago and it has taken me this long to come up with 100 semi-interesting things about myself. If anyone needs helping sleeping, this may just do it. Thanks Tammy for the tag, it really was kinda fun to do. :)


100 Things about Me

1. I have only ever had 3 jobs my entire life. The last two, 4 years each and counting…
2. I love asparagus.
3. I hate peas.
4. I love to vacuum.
5. When I was in 8th grade, some girl once told me that I have “pooh-green” eyes.
6. I don’t like hot weather, high 70’s are perfect for me.
7. I love my own pets, but not always other people’s.




8. I can’t stand following a car that forgot to turn off their blinker.
9. I have never had stitches.
10. I have colored my hair 5-6 times per year for the last 14 years... brunette, blond, brunette..




11. I have always wanted to have a big family.
12. I met my husband when I was 15.
13. He told me he ‘liked’ me 3 days before I turned 16.
14. I wasn’t really excited about the above, because I was finally turning 16 and had a crush on someone else.
15. I finished college in 3.5 years.
16. I have a BS degree in Child and Family Studies.
17. I minored in psychology in college.
18. I tivo Days of Our Lives everyday, and watch the entire show in about 5 minutes, just so I know that nothing really ever changes…so stupid.
19. My dream vacation is to tour Europe one country at a time for like 3 months.
20. I have had braces twice!
21. I have never lived in an apartment.
22. I love TV.
23. Tivo has changed my life.
24. I am extremely indecisive.
25. I am always worried that I will make the wrong decision…what color to paint, what outfit to wear, what to order at dinner…
26. I love brand new socks.
27. I do not have a favorite color…probably because I am too indecisive to pick one.
28. I have always wanted to open my own home decor’ boutique.
29. I just started watching One Tree Hill and love it!
30. I work for an optometrist and have 20/20 vision…..which I am extremely grateful for.
31. My birthday is October 15, 1982.
32. 3 days after Jimi got home from his mission he casually said that he wanted to get married. I didn't know what to think....obviously I said yes and then about a week later he gave me a ring.
33. Jimi and I have been married almost 6 years on August 14th!
34. My dog Roxy was named after Roxie Hart from Chicago, although we spell it different, go figure..
35. I change my sheets every Monday morning.
36. I love to fold laundry; I just hate to put it away.
37. I love the smell of Lysol spray and use it way too much.
38. I love hearing the sound of the lawn mower through an open window in early summer.
39. I love to bake but never eat what I make until the next day.
40. I could not live without super hot showers and good books.
41. I was born in Alaska and lived there until I was 12 years old.
42. I love to talk to people one on one but am not good in big groups.
43. Growing up, I wanted to be a cashier at a grocery store.
44. I paint my fingernails quite often and then chip it off the next day.
45. I have been wearing the same toe-ring for the last 8 years…never removing it.
46. I love chick-flicks.



47. I was on top of the World Trade Center 2 months before September 11th.
48. I love diet coke and caramello bars.
49. I am proud/grateful to be an American.
50. Growing up, I always read the obituaries in the newspaper, never the comics, just the obituaries.
51. I read the “Twilight” series and ever since have had an obsession with silver Volvos......Edward drives one!
52. My favorite fast food restaurant is chick-fil-a.
53. My favorite season is Autumn.
54. I can name all 50 states in alphabetical order.
55. I was devastated when Gilmore Girls was cancelled.
56. I love craft projects but very rarely finish them.
57. Matt Damon is my movie star crush, although I've only seen a few of his movies.
58. I have never wanted to go to the Caribbean.
59. I love roller coasters but always get really scared right before I get on them.
60. I hate when people say to me, “just wait until you have kids…”
61. I love to go camping with Jimi and Roxy.
62. I don’t mind being alone when Jimi is gone on business…..although I do miss him, but I do fine.
63. I have a great family and an awesome husband.
64. I have never questioned my faith.
65. I want nothing more than for my good friends to become mothers. (me too, I want that too)
66. I cry a lot.
67. I have never been horse-back riding and think I would be kinda scared if I ever did.
68. I was born the day after my dad’s birthday.
69. I don’t much care for ice cream…only very rarely do I eat it.
70. I am completely petrified of birds and hate when they fly over me, around me, or anywhere near me.
71. I get severe anxiety when it comes to Mother’s Day.
72. I love Disneyland but didn’t care for Disney World.
73. I think my husband is the cutest guy in the world and love when he wears his hats backward. 74. I don’t clean the bathrooms as often as I should. I hate doing toilets and tubs and floors for that matter!
75. I have always wanted to go to beauty school and graduate school. Weird combo, I know.
76. I love the gospel.
77. I love road trips with Jimi and Tim McGraw. (I have this one CD that I MUST listen to at least 5 times on every trip…poor Jimi) 78. I talk to Jimi on the phone at least 5 times a day.
79. I wish I was more handy around the house. I would love to be able to build something.
80. I have always HATED scrapbooking……until I found digital scrapbooking, so much better.
81. I cannot stand Mariah Carey.
82. I love Celine Dion.
83. My mom is my hero.
84. I love listening to Jimi sing with me in sacrament meeting.
85. I would love to go to China, Russia or Ethiopia someday and bring home a few little souvenirs to add to our family. (Basically, I want to me the mormom version of Angelina Jolie minus the tattoos and all the wierdness)
86. Aside from work and church, Jimi and I are rarely apart.
87. I still get nervous when my parents go out of town.
88. I am thankful for good health.
89. The Oregon Coast is one of my most favorite places in this world to visit.
90. I love rainy days.
91. I have one sister and four brothers.
92. I dream of being a mom.
93. I cannot wait for Jimi to be a dad.
94. I wear my heart on my sleeve.
95. I love being an aunt.
96. My husband is so supportive and my best friend.
97. I love to color in coloring books.
98. I usually talk to my mom everyday.
99. I want to serve a mission with Jimi someday.
100. I love to travel and would go anywhere as long as Jimi was with me.





I tag Amy, Heidi, Hejdi, Erin, Leslie, Kim, Janese, Jodi, Tracy, Kelley, Kim, Melissa, Penny and anyone else who is up for the challenge....

13 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so cute. You used to have a cash register when you were a kid, right?

mrs. jar said...

I think I did, I know that for Christmas one year all I asked for was receipt books and fake checks and a date stamp so I could give out itemized receipts to my 'customers.' Ryan still reminds me how I would leave him bills for his own toys!

Jodi B. said...

Cute blog Sarah! That was a fun tag, I loved reading about you. We have so much in common. I saw a silver Volvo for sale when Dave and I were on a date and practically begged Dave to buy it so I could pretend he was Edward. It didn't happen.
Jodi
djbroad.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

That was so funny! I'm totally with you on the Edward thing. I used to be obsessed with Days of our Lives and now when I see a few minutes of it I can't believe I ever watched it. You crack me up!

Dave and Hejdi Swan said...

Sarah! I love reading these "about you" blogs...very fun :) I think I am up for the challenge...if I get a spare min today, I'm totally going for it! And thanks for the gardening tips, that's good stuff to know!! We HAVE to come see you guys sometime..this is getting ridiculous, uh? :)

Amy said...

That was so fun! But, ugh! Now I have to think of 100 things about me? I will probably take a while!

Janese said...

That was so fun learning more about you! I also love to have that fresh vacuum look on my carpet, but it rarely happens with three little ones!

Sara said...

I am kind of wierded out by how similar we are :) Our engagement stories, four brothers and one sister, our love for all things gilmore, I could go on! We are going through LDS FS, have been on the list for 9 months so far. I keep wishing I would get a phone call and have that baby tomorrow, wouldn't that be something!

Tammy said...

These are so great! I loved reading them! You are awesome. I guess I need to read the books...I still have no idea who Edward is! I guess I should get to the library to get them! We need to talk soon...

Penny said...

I loved that! I have a lot in common with you, except I'm better with big groups and worse one-on-one. Thanks for sharing! I'll try to work on my list. Maybe you'll see it in a month or two ;). P.S. I think you will be the GREATEST mom! I pray for you guys to find a baby all the time. P.S.S. I'm sorry if I've ever told you "just wait until you have kids . . . " I know I've said it to another waiting-to-adopt mom, not thinking. (Hence, my post about putting my foot in my mouth).

Kristina said...

Hey Sarah - your blog page is so cute. That's a neat tag, we also have a lot in common. I watch Days of our lives- Monday and Friday and nothing has changed.LOL...I checked out your adoption blog, my brother and his wife are adopting to - ummm adoption ROCKS (i was adopted) so maybe that's why it's so special to me..This blog thing is awesome- check mine out at olsen4.blogspot.com Kristina(Bastow)Olsen

Erin said...

What a cute post! I learned alot about you! You are such a neat girl :) We too have alot in common :)

Josh and Leslie said...

I tried your fettucine recipe you posted a while ago and I think it is just like Olive Garden! It is definitely the best homemade I've ever had! So thanks for the recipe!