
Something terrible happened last Sunday in my parents ward. One of the families there lost their 20 month old little boy when he was accidently backed over by their neighbor. I have been thinking about these two families all week and my heart is breaking for both. I later found out that the little boy who died was the nephew of one of my high school friends. I am so thankful that her family has the gospel and knows of the Plan of Salvation and that they have the knowledge that they WILL be reunited with their little boy one day. I hate to think how much more difficult this life would be without that knowledge. I know their pain has to be great right now, I know how it feels to mourn the loss of a child in a different way and I know we couldn't get through without our Savior. With all of this, it has made me appreciate my family a little bit more, those here on earth and those that are still waiting to come join us.
One of my favorite quotes...
“Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." -President Gordon B. Hinckley
9 comments:
Sarah-
My sister actually was really good friends in high school with the mom of the baby! It is such a terrible thing! I can't even imagine losing one of my babies! I am so so grateful for the gospel!! I would be so lost without it! I love your family picture! That is what it's all about. Okay, so we really need to plan a day to get together!! Let me know when you can and I'll see if that day works for me and Chels!! Luv ya!! You're in my prayers!!
Sarah- I love your blog too!! Very cute :) And I heard about that story..it's incredibly awful, it made my heart hurt. That quote is wonderful though, I printed it out :) And we are good..just trucking along through life, you know? How are you guys doing? Let's plan to get together soon :)
I love that quote. What sad thing to happen. I can't imagine what everyone involved must be feeling! It makes my heart ache. What a blessing the gospel brings to us all. If you get a minute give me a call!
Oh, this post made me all teary eyed. I can't even imagine what I would do if this happened to me. Yes, thank goodness for the plan of Salvation...it would help.
cute new blog design by the way!
Yeah...totally brings things in perspective. Dealing with a stupid airline just doesn't seem important after all. Tell your friend they are in our prayers...
Hi Sarah! This is Erin Greaves (Ulm) I came acorss your blog and had to leave you a comment! I too heard this story. My heart aches for this family. We are VERY lucky to have the gospel in our lives!
Keep in touch!
Erin
I'm so sorry for this family...they're in my prayers.
Post a Comment