Friday, October 21, 2011

Our trip to Portland

Gracie kicking it on the pull out bed with Molly watching a little Marmaduke and eating a lunchable.  I didn't take a picture and totally should have but she was obsessed with the mini-fridge.  It was just her size and she loved getting her juice boxes and yogurt out all on her own.

My cousins grew up going to the Clackamas Mall and I remember hearing how huge it was...(we were like 12)...a few years have gone by since then and the mall just seems like a normal mall to me.  However, they did have this carasol so, it was a big hit for G.

 Everytime she went past she'd always wave and say, 'hi dad'.  I never got a 'hi mom' it was all about daddy.

 Thanks to The Food Nework's Drive-Ins, Dinners and Dives, Voodoo doughnuts is now a Portland must.  It was just ok.  I think they are known more for their weird doughnuts than the taste.  I am a plane jane and just ate a chocolate caked with chocolate icing and nothing can beat Dunford Doughnuts in my opinion.

Jimi ate this one. Maple Bacon. Gross.

And G at the Cap'n Crunch one.  Let's be honest, she really just ate the frosted cereal off it.



Poor Rox, got none.

After our doughnut indulgences we needed to get out, so we drove to Multnomah Falls and hiked around.  This was Gracie's frist time.  Last time Jimi and I were there we stopped just oustide of it and bought Gracie her first swimsuit at the outlets in Troutdale.  She wasn't yet born but was on her way!  What fun memories but glad she is here with us this time.







2 comments:

andrea said...

When I went to portland I couple of weeks ago we(my friend and I) went to the voodoo donuts too. We were in line for over an hour for them. we then walked around down town portland and had many people stop and stare. We even had a man come up to us and say "we have a better chance of getting mugged over the donuts than for money. Strange people if you ask me. :) glad you had fun!!!!

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

I looove Voodoo doughnuts! Seriously, the maple bacon is SOOO good!!! That waterfall looks awesome, too.