Friday, October 21, 2011

My mom and dad

My mom came up with Matt and Tracy and was here a week when my dad drove up and joined us.  They stayed another week and it was wonderful!  I am so mad that I didnt' take more photos of them while they were here.  I guess we were too busy having fun. 

This is at the Bothell Landing Park.  Gracie had so much fun playing with her Papa and Namma (It went from Grammie to Namma since we have moved here). 






After we were at the park we went to the Country Village in Bothell (much like Gardner Village in West Jordan) and shopped around a little and ate lunch.  There are this roosters that just roam all over the shops and just hang out.  Gracie thought they were so funny.  She even was able to feed the ducks but that quickly turned on her, she wasn't fast enough and one of them bit her finger.  She is so tough though, she didn't cry at all she just hugged me and hid her face from the crazy ducks and said, 'duck bite me finger.'  Poor thing, I never realized how terrifying it would be to only be 3 feet tall and have 30 ducks come towards you....she is so brave!  After that, Gracie and I rode the little train.  She loved it and loved passing Namma and Papa and waving to them. 


Gracie got an Elmo doll, a Dora dress up dress and a bunch of cute clothes from Namma and Papa.  Oh, and my dad gave her this 'special' giraffe hat.  It is pretty interesting but G loves it.  I will have to remember to snap a picture and get it up on here. 


The day they left to drive home we all drove down to Tacoma first.  Jimi, I and Grace were on our way to Portland anyway, but it was very out of the way for mom and dad.  BUT it was dad's idea, so he was fine with it!  Dad took us to this cute little restaurant called Steamers.  It is right on the water and my dad used to go there a lot when he was working in Tacoma 20 years ago.  It was good and it was nice that we didn't have to say goodbye right away.
















Saying goodbye is never easy.  We were a little sad driving down the road.  We sure loved having you here Namma and Papa and can't wait to see you soon! 

No comments: