Right before we moved here, we found out that Jimi's sister-in-law's nephew was called to the Everett Mission. We just so happen to live in that mission's boundaries. A few days after we had arrived we learned that his first area was in Lynnwood in the Alderwood 1st Ward. We are in the Alderwood 2nd Ward. We weren't sure if we would run into Elder Jensen or not. That first Sunday, I am taking Gracie to nursery and who do I see walk in the door? Elder Jensen! Small world! He recognized me but wasn't sure how. (We really only saw him maybe once a year back in Utah.) I explained to him how he knew me and he was so cute. He was so excited to have a face from 'home'. It was fun seeing him every Sunday and sending updates to his aunt and then on to his mom and dad. One night he and his companion were even able to come over for dinner. Grace loved having visitors other than the UPS guy! :)
It is fun that we all kinda got here at the same time. I wonder where we will be in two years when he is on his way home??
No comments:
Post a Comment