Sunday, July 17, 2011

Goodbye Utah

We were up bright and early Friday, July 1st and on the road by 7AM.  I cried all the way to Idaho.  It was seriously awful and if I think about it now, I cry again.  Boo! 

G was all set up with her videos and her treats in the back seat, Grammie rode in the passenger seat and I drove...the entire 13 hours!  Yuck! 



 This lovely shot was taken in the middle of Idaho or Oregon.  All those lovely blobs are dead bugs on my windshield.  I guess I should have probably gotten out and cleaned them off instead of trying to take pictures through them....

Jimi drove this Yellow Demon all the way there.  At least I had a comfy seat, he had a hard bench!  But he had the easier passenger....Roxy.  She was happy as a clam riding shotgun with dad.


Since my mom rode with me the entire time helping out with Grace that left my dad to ride alone in his truck.  My parents mean the world to me and as hard as it was leaving Utah, at least they were with me for a few days to soften the blow.  I miss them so much and am so thankful for modern technology so we can stay in close touch! 

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

I know exactly how hard it is to leave family. I will tell you that it does get easier. I have been away for almost 3 years now. It's so nice when you can go back and visit. Hope you are adjusting ok.

Sugar said...

We miss you here already. I can't believe how grown up Gracie looks with her haircut. I hope you like the new place and you make tons of new friends.

Melissa said...

Utah misses you and I know that I certainly miss you! But I look forward to trips to Seattle and hearing about your big new adventure. At least we know that Seattle isn't too far away!