Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Ballard Locks

Our first weekend here was really nice weather, for the past several weeks it hasn't been so nice.  It was so cold last week that I had to have the maintenance guy come turn on our gas so I could use the fireplace.  I have never loved the heat of Utah and yet compared to the crappy rain and cold, gray sky, I was really missing my warm summer...  However, the past few days have been very nice, mid 70's and perfect really.  Not freezing cold but definitely not hot either.  Let's hope this weather lasts till ummmm December?  Pretty sure that isn't gonna happen! 

Anyway, here are pics of our first official weekend in Seattle.  We went down to the Ballard Locks and watched several boats being lowered from the ship canal to the Puget Sound.  It was pretty cool to see them lower the water down and down and down....  I did get a little nervous though because there isn't much more than a 4.5 foot metal rail and I just knew someone was going to fall in!  Must be the mother in me that has me worried about children being swept down the rushing water.




The Locks are surrounded by these gorgeous botanical gardens.  We spent the afternoon walking through them.  I was thinking that if this is what city life is like, we could get used to it.  :)  Too bad it isn't next door to us, or we would be there every day. 




This little girl had a ball running around everywhere acting like an airplane.  Life is good with this little face around. 




1 comment:

Tracy Smythe said...

Love that video! Oh I miss my little airplane girl!