Seattle!!!!!
April 1st we got the exciting news that we had been waiting, hoping and praying for! Jimi was offered a new position in a different division of his current company. Catch all that?! :)
Jimi started the interviewing process back in mid January. It was a LONG haul filled with lots of interviews! I think all in all he had to talk to about 13 people over 2.5 months! The middle of March he flew down to Dallas for a dinner interview with 5 top dogs and he did so great! I would have been a nervous wreck but not my man! He is as cool as a cucumber! He told me that by the time it got to that point, he had already answered the hard questions and it was basically a decision as to whether they liked him or not. :) See...cool as a cucumber! Anyway, he got really good vibes and even a 'welcome aboard, we will love to work with ya!' but no official offer for nearly two more weeks!! We waited and waited and waited some more. Patience has never been our strong point! But finally he got the call and then the letter! It was a great moment but kinda sad too.
Although this will be a big move for us, I really want Jimi to feel a sense of pride with his work and really and truly be happy! With Jimi being the bread winner, it is really important to me that he is happy! Makes the bread taste better. :) So even though I am a little nervous about getting everything tied up here and find renters for our house (selling in this crappy market is not an option!) and being without my family and friends up there, I am still pretty excited. I am looking forward to seeing a new part of the country and odd as this might sound, I am excited to strengthen my testimony. I think I have taken for granted being a Latter Day Saint here in Utah. I will admit, I have been in a rut and I am looking forward to getting out!
Also, we are ready to turn in our adoption papers again! I thought for sure we would be ready when Grace turned one last September. But it came and went and we were just not feeling it. Then in January I started to think more about it but still no overwhelming feelings that I had to do it right then! By March those feelings came and I couldn't do anything until we knew where we were going to be. It was so hard!! So many friends and family would ask if we were going to turn in our papers and I couldn't tell them the real reason we hadn't, so I just said, "not yet". So now, now I am ready! That is one of my first items of business when we get settled! I am ready! Jimi is ready! And Gracie is ready too! She carries around her baby dolls all day long! One predicament we will have is trying to find room for everything that comes along with a baby in our 900 square foot apartment! Yikes! We are literally cutting our living space in half but that's ok, we like it cozy!
So Jimi will be traveling back and forth between California, Washington, Oregon and Utah during the entire month of May and then will be up there for good the first of June. He will be living as a bachelor in a hotel until July when Gracie, Roxy and I join him.

2 comments:
Though we are sad to see you go we are so EXCITED for you at the same time! What an adventure! and YAY for putting in those adoption papers! We just love you guys so much and woo hoo for facebook and blogs so we can all kees tabs!
Congrats to Jimi on the new job! That is such a stressful process! So you are going to Seattle? That is awesome!
Post a Comment