Monday, February 28, 2011


Last week one of my hs classmates posted on facebook that his little girl was in a bad accident and he wasn't sure if she was going to make it and was asking for prayers.  Immediately, I was shaken.  To be honest, I did not remember him from school, but I was so so saddened by his news.  I looked at his pictures and there she was...a beatiful little blonde haired, blue-eyed little angel.  Looking at her sweet pictures, I couldn't help but think of my own little girl.  I started praying.  I prayed so hard.  That night I woke up in the middle of the night thinking of him and his baby girl.  I went into Gracie's room and pulled her out of her crib and held her while she slept in my arms.  I silently thanked my Heavenly Father for my baby girl and prayed again for my classmate's.

The next morning I was eager for news on her and was heart-broken to hear that she passed away in the middle of the night.  I literally broke down and cried.  When Jimi came home I told him she had died and cried again.  I simply cannot imagine a life without our daughter.  My heart was breaking that this man would have to face that.  I know his life will never be the same without his baby girl, how can it? 

Today the sweet obituary of this precious little girl was in the paper.  Tears filled my eyes as I read of her short little life.  I know that we are all here for a reason and for some special spirits, their journey is brief.  I just wish it wasn't so incredibly hard for those of us left behind.  I know there is a reason and I know the Lord is mindful of all his children.  I pray tonight that this man, my former classmate, has found some peace.  That he can turn to Heavenly Father for healing and for love. 

Tonight I spent a little more time getting Gracie ready for bed.  We played a little longer.  I held her a little tighter and kissed her a little more.

4 comments:

Mary said...

you never realize how much you truly love your kids and how much you would miss them until you see something like this. who was it?

The Razzle Dazzle Family said...

Sarah I felt the same way when I read about Jared's little girl. It does make you hold our kids a little tighter & thank our Heavenly Father for what we have! I am so glad we know that we can be together as a family again!

Ruthy said...

So incredibly sad :( These kind of stories just kill me.

Jackie said...

Oh my goodness, what in the world in going on with all of these people and car accidents. I just read Ruth's blog about her sister, I had a dear friend die this past week from a car accident and then this poor little girl. Does make you stop for a minute and hold someone a little longer!!! We will pray for your classmate as well. Hugs,Jackie