I have a favor to ask and I would never do this if there wasn't a huge need and if it wasn't so near and dear to my heart....
Last December when I was in the ICU I became aware of the overwhelming need for certain supplies. Most patients in the ICU are incapacitated for the most part, but there is still a huge need for specific hygiene products that are not provided by the hospital. Items like: shampoo, conditioner, detangler, ponytail holders (hair ties), hair combs (picks), brushes, and even small white boards and dry erase markers (for the patients to use when they are awake as most are not able to talk due to being intubated.) The nurses in the ICU watch for sales and end up paying for such things out of their own pocket.
I have thought about this for a long time and would LOVE your help, if you can give it. Christmas is only six months away and will be here before we know it! If you are able to help, please leave me a message or email me at sarahjarman02@yahoo.com . I am more than willing to come pick it up. Every little bit will help. Also, for those who travel here and there for work or leisure, the hotel shampoos and conditioners are excellent too!
I know this doesn't seem like much, most of these items are just a few dollars, but to those patients who are stuck in bed unable to shower, having your hair washed and combed means more than you may ever know. I would love nothing more than to take them a giant basket full of stuff to help them all out. Thanks again!
7 years ago
5 comments:
what a great thing!! Working in the ICU it is SOOO something every ICU needs. Thanks for doing that.
I'm in! Even though I only work in the ICU once a week and it's usually only for an hour at a time, I know that anything can help. So, count me in!
yes I would love to be apart of this, I will start gathering and seeing what I can find. I am going to share this with my family too. :) you are the best! Loveya!!!!
You may need more than a gaint basket to take things up there. I will start gathering items and share infor with friends and family too. What a great idea!
will you message me your address or paypal info? i'll send you some $$ to go towards it since i'm not in state. i think it's a fantastic idea
Post a Comment