Gracie has some more exciting news...
My mommy is out of the ICU, is off oxygen, and is able to eat and drink!!!
Sarah is making such awesome progress. It's crazy to think that yesterday she was still on the vent. Last night, they transferred her to the Intermediate Unit. Jimi stayed the night and they were able to watch a movie before calling it a night. She was on about 3L of oxygen.
This morning she was down to 1L. She had a swallow study and did great. She called me after she was able to finally drink some ice water and she was so happy! They pulled her feeding tube...yippee! She and her physical therapist went on some walks today for her PT. They even walked down to the ICU to say hi to everyone. She is getting nebulized breathing treatments to help her lungs as well.
When I got there to see her this afternoon, she was totally off oxygen. Her heart rate was a little high and her WBC had gone up from yesterday, so they ordered a UA and another chest x-ray to make sure everything is fine. You can tell she is out of the ICU because everything...getting results... is slower. Hopefully everything is okay and she can sleep better tonight. She really wants to get home to her own bed and who can blame her for that?
They want to draw labs in the morning. Depending on how everything looks, there may be a chance that she will come home tomorrow. We are super excited, but also the nurse in me is very cautious. She was so very sick and you don't want to rush things just to end up back in the hospital again.
Sarah was reading her blog and my entries today. She was amazed at how sick she was. She doesn't remember a lot of those really bad days and for that we are so grateful. She will give you her side of everything once she feels better and is at home.
Sarah's nurse today said that Sarah looked the best out of all the H1N1 patients they have had come back from the ICU. She was amazed at her progress. We are too...but we always knew if anyone could beat this it would be our spirited Sarah. We love you Sarah Maree...hope you have sweet dreams tonight little sis.
7 comments:
Coming home tommorrow?!?! Yipee!!!!!!! I've missed you so! You can count on dinner from me for a little while!! Love you sooo much! Keep healing! :)
whooooo hooooo!!!!! and Big X little X little oooo!
b
That is amazing!!! I'm so happy you didn't have to get trached and that you're doing so much better. You are amazing! Please let me know what I can do to help. I'm so happy for you!
Maybe coming home! How exciting! I can't wait to hear that you are home! I am so grateful that you are healing and pray that your lungs are getting stronger adn stronger. SP glad you had a good day yesterday. Hope you slept well!
Sarah! I have been reading your blog everytime their is an update. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I am SOOOO glad to hear you are making such good progress. The power of prayer is amazing :) Sarah I wish and hope the best for you!!!
Yeah! I am so excited for you Sara! What a blessing to be feeling better! Let me know if you need anything at all!! I don't want to overload you but would love to come visit. :)
love ya!!!
Wow, what a road travelled by you, Sarah!! We have your sweet family in our prayers and have from day one. So glad to hear of the progress that is amazing. I am an ICU nurse and have seen this road for some of my patients and just couldn't believe it was happening to some one I knew let alone to some one my age!! You are a fighter...keep fighting. Off the o2 that is amazing. Congrats. You have such a wonderful support group. THanks to your sister for keeping us updated here in blogger world :)
Post a Comment