I have been soooo terrible at updating my blog. I get on here with all intentions and purposes and find myself easily distracted with email, facebook and everyone else's blogs. We have had a very busy and exciting last few months and wanted to document what the Jars have been up to...for posterity sake if not for anything else. :)
JUNE (so far)
My sweet Grampa Phillips passed away June 5th at my parents home in Farr West. He was an amazing father and grandfather and we are all going to miss him dearly. We already do. I was blessed with the beautiful privelige of being with Grampa as he passed on to the next life. It was a peaceful moment and I felt his love so strongly. He willl always be remembered for his smile, his laughter, his humility and his generous heart. We love you Grampa. We are so happy that you and Gramma are together again, we miss you both. Until we meet again....
So this is on the long journey over to Oregon. Ryan rode with us during the 14 hour trek. Roxy really appreciated his generous spirit sharing his water with her. As did she enjoy cuddling and being his pillow.

Then it was my turn and I had Roxy and Tipper cuddling with me... They were very good puppies on the long road trip and had sooo much fun in Oregon running all over the ranch.
We actually headed to Oregon on Monday, but the funeral wasn't until Friday so we had a few days to get some work done at the ranch and then to also get a little R&R. Wednesday morning Jimi and I headed over to the coast and then up the PCH to Newport and then on to Portland. It would have been really great if I hadn't been feeling like crap. I wasn't really sure what was going on but I felt awful and woke up that morning with terrible pain in my back and lower pelvis. Apparently I was experiencing a kidney infection but wouldn't realize it for 2 more days!! Fun! Not so much. Jimi drove and enjoyed the scenery while I slept with a heating pad on my back and popping tylenol and IBprofin every 2 h0urs. I was so bumbed that I was messing up our "coastal day" but what do you do?
This is a Bed and Breakfast at Heceta Head in Oregon. It is beautiful and someday we are going to stay there! Some day when I have no UTI's or Kidney Infections or cramps or anything else!!! I really am not bitter, can you tell?!
More photos of Heceta Head curtousy of Jimi, since I was passed out in the car! Again, no anger at all. :)

The next day I was feeling a little better, kinda like the calm before the storm, and we went up to Multnomah Falls. It is beautiful and we had a great time there.
I love this boy!
View from the Bridge
5 comments:
Sarah, I am so sorry about your grandpa. I am glad that you got to be with him though. And I am sorry your were sick on your trip! :(
On a completely different note- Cassie and I have a present for you! I am going to call you today so we can bring it to you!
What a beautiful place. Wow....
on a personal note... what kind of a dog is Roxy... she is beautiful!
xxoo
Sounds like a fun trip! Minus the whole kidney infection/ UTI. We're going to try to do an Oregon trip this fall, it looks so beautiful. Now I'm more excited. Not that I wouldn't be excited about driving that far with 4 kids! We need to get together, I always say that, but we really do!
I'm so sorry about your kidney infection! Did that once- NO FUN. But I am so jealous that you have a reason to go to OR! My family goes there about every other year, so hearing Newport, PCH, Multanomah, Heceta Head etc. really makes me crave a trip to the coast!! Hope you're feeling better!!!
I love the falls. Van and I went there last spring, aren't they gorgeous?
Post a Comment