Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oh, Baby! Baby!

It seems that everyone around me is either expecting or delivering! And yes, I am ok! And no, we haven't heard anything yet... But for the first time in a very long time, I am truly excited for my friends and family who are growing their little families by two little feet!

One of my best friends, Ruth, had a beautiful baby boy yesterday. I am happy to report that both mom and Bennett are healthy and tomorrow they will be home! Congratulations to Ruth and Skyler. You are going to be wonderful parents!

One of my other very good friends, whom I haven't seen for a very long time, texted me yesterday and found out that she will be having a sweet little girl in August. I am so happy for Hejdi and Dave! They hold a special place in my heart as I was the one who introduced them to each other a few years ago. If I were Catholic, I would suggest they make me little Lily's godmother. ;) Congrats you two, you will make great parents!

A few minutes ago I got a call from my sister who is expecting her #2! She had her ultrasound and while we were hoping for pink; blue is even better! I am so excited to be an aunt again for the 21st time!!!! I really can't wait for her to deliver this little guy in August. Matt and Tracy you make really cute little boys! Spencer is going to be such a fun big brother.

And then there is my friend, Janese! I am so super excited for her as well! She and I are kindred spirit as she has struggled with fertility issues all of her own. She adopted two sweet little boys, got pregnant with a little girl, and now a few years later is prego again!!! Yeah! I am thrilled for her! Congratulations to your sweet little family and rest up!

There is also my really cute neighbor, Ashlee. She and her hubby are expecting their first in June and I am so excited for them. Also, I really wanted to give her a shout out! I think she is one of the cutest pregnant gals I've seen. I love her little tummy and think she looks gorgeous all of the time even if she has swollen ankles and thinks she is all 'belly'. Your little guy is gonna be soo cute.

And just to clarify my first point about truly being happy for theses little families...Not that I haven't been happy for them before, but sometimes it is just harder than others. But today I feel great! I am happy and so very excited for each of these little mommies in my life. I wish you all healthy and happy pregnancies and safe and speedy deliveries....when the time is right, of course! I just can't help but be even more excited for our own special day...maybe the trend will include me and I can share some news of my own soon!

8 comments:

Dave and Hejdi Swan said...

You are so sweet Sarah :) And I don't care that we're not Catholic! I now dub you our baby's godmother!! Since there would be no little Lily if almost three years ago you wouldn't have asked me if I wanted to go 'on a blind date with a great guy that had been married before' ;) ha You are such an example to me, and I KNOW that you will join the 'trend' very soon!! xoxo

Johnstun Fam said...

You are the sweetest person ever! I seriously got a tear in my eye reading your post (we will just call it hormonal). Even though we are only neighbors and rarely besides church stuff I just love ya to death! Our prayers there for you and Jimi to get your own little miracle one day. And you will be the cutest Mom ever! See ya sunday!

Janese said...

Oh Sarah! You are so amazing! I truly look up to you so much and I know its got to be so hard! Just know that there is not a day that goes by that I am not THINKING about you and PRAYING for you! I love you so much!

Heidi said...

You are an amazing example of strength! I can't wait for the day that you have your own, you are always in my thoughts and prayers!

Mrs B said...

Hey- Always thinking of you... I'm gonna spread the word on my blog again,so watch for it! Also your new background is SO CUTE!!!!

Melissa said...

So...can I say when I wrote my blog post I totally thought of you? Yeah, I knew you would relate, cuz I feel like we're two souls going through the same exact thing and yet they're entirely different. How funny is that?

Anyway, thanks for your kind words, I really needed and appreciate them. But I'll be honest, even though the sting is still there, I feel really good for just putting it out there. I was pissed one night and wrote it out, and for some reason, putting it out for everyone to see made me feel so much better. Weird. Like there was no longer any pretense, especially with myself. I think the person I've hid the truth from the most is me. It's kind of liberating to just acknowledge that you're struggling.

Anyway, just know how much I pray for you and your sweet little baby to hurry up and get home! I love ya, sure am grateful that we're family and that I have someone who knows what I'm going through.

Tracy Smythe said...

I looooooooooooooooove you. I feel so bad that I had the attitude that I did when we found out what we were having. I need to be more humble...and learn that pink is not everyone's favorite color. I am so excited that this new little one will have you as an auntie. I know he will love you just as much as his big brother.

Amy said...

Sarah! Hello! It's been awhile, but I wanted to wish the best. We're hoping a little one will come to you soon. --Amy (Gerritsen) Sonntag