Yeah ok. Right. So I spent 94 minutes on the phone with my good ole' friends over at DishNetwork, and for most of the those 94 minutes, I kept thinking....."I am the customer and they should want me to be happy.... " Am I crazy to think that if my HD dish is pointed in the wrong direction and I am not getting the correct signal that I have been paying for for the last12 months then I have every right to be upset...right? Wrong! According to Shanna and Jake over in customer service, this is my fault and I should have informed them sooner that my dish was pointed northwest at the wrong satellite rather than southeast at the correct one. Sure thing. Because ya know, even if I knew it was pointed in the completely wrong direction to begin with, I would be able to use my super duper magic powers to find that one specific satellite out there and reposition the oversized cereal bowl mounted on the side of the house anyway. Yeah no biggie!
I actually was just filling in for my parents at their house and just got to be the middle person. All we were trying to do was downgrade their package anyway. So there I am waiting with my four hour window as to when the technician will show up (which just happens to be during the last half hour of that window anyway.) Travis, the tech, does his thing, and 2 hours later informs me that the HD dish my parents have been paying was pointed the wrong way and the only way that it would have worked would be if the signal was being transmitted directly through one side of the neighbor's house and out the either.
Well then Jake says to me, "Ma'am you are getting all of top 250 channels aren't you?" "I assume so, if that is what we have been paying for." Jake says, "well have you counted?" "No Jake, actually I haven't." Well Jake says I should take the time to count them all and make sure I am getting what I pay for and that I needed to inform them of this problem when it first happened. Ok Jake, if we knew there was a problem with the rotation of the earth inhibiting that computer in the sky, I would have! How do you know how something is supposed to work if it never worked correctly from the beginning anyway?
Moral of the story...count all your channels and make sure your dish is pointed to whatever precise degree in that small little starry sky it needs to be pointed to in order to make sure you are communicating with the correct box floating in space....... duh!
OH, and "Thank you for calling DishNetwork's customer service, have a nice day."
Uh huh, you betcha. By the way, if I wanted to have a 'nice day' spending 94 mintues on the phone with someone who gets paid $7 bucks an hour wouldn't have been a part of it.
7 years ago
8 comments:
Sarah, it was good to hear from you. I hope all is well with you. I saw your adoption blog and it made me cry when I was reading it! I wish you guys all the best and hope that you will be able to get a baby soon. I hope we can keep in touch.
Hey girlie, Did u know that Craig owns his own Dish Network company. He could TOTALLY hook you guys up! A DVR and HD box for free. Plus, installation guys that aren't so stupid. Plus, IF you ever have a problem you wouldn't have to sit on the phone directly with Dish...you would just call Craig. Anywho, if you want our business # is 392-2310 :)
Girl, buy yourself something nice! You deserve it after all that hard work.
Sarah, Totally dont worry about it. some of the people who are at customer service are rediculous half the time they dont even know what they are talking about. we totally werent offended we just laughed cause we know from experience some of them should not be "helping" people.
Gotta love customer service. I feel the pain. I am glad that I finally have your blog. Can't wait for tomorrow night. We are looking forward to it!
Hey my good friend. I am glad you jumped on board too, so we can hopefully keep in touch. I miss you.
Hey Sarah, sorry it took me so long to respond back to you. If you want to email me I will tell you where we live, but I don't really want to put that out in the blogging world. I am working part time right now, are you working? What else are you guys up to?
Hi friend! I just found your blog today and I totally know your pain with the whole satellite thing. We have been trying to get our TV up and going in our house and it has been such a hassle! I made an appointment with Dish Network and had to wait about a week, and when they came they pretty much told us we couldn't have a satellite the way our house is positioned. That's not their fault, but I was sad because cable is so much more money. So... I called Comcast and in one day I talked to 3 different people and they all gave me 3 different prices, as the day went on the prices went up! So I just refuse to pay $70+ dollars a month for TV. We ordered basic cable and we will pretty much just get our local channels. Pretty boring, we'll see how long I can live with that, I don't think it will be long!
Post a Comment