Gracie's vocabulary is growing at rapid speeds and she says some of the funniest things. Here are just a few of the latest....
- My friend Carter once beat up a whole family of children.
- Kristy?! I have a birthmom named Kristy!
- I don't ever want Roxy to go to Heaven, that is where Mocha lives.
- Mom, when I am big like you I get to wear a bra too.
- I want our new house to have a garage and some stairs, that is all.
- G: Mom, I want to marry you. Me: You can't marry me, I am already married to dad and I am a girl. G: Then I will marry daddy. Me: I already married dad, you have to find someone else who isn't married, isn't a girl and isn't part of our family. G: I want to marry Uncle Ryan. Me: You can't marry Uncle Ryan, he is part of our family and we don't marry our own family members. G: But mom, I really want to... I am going to say a prayr and ask Heavenly Father if it is ok. Dear Heavenly Father, please is it ok to marry Uncle Ryan? In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
- I don't want to go to school! I just want to go to nursery and sing Sunbeam and eat fishies.
- Remember when I was a baby and I cried a lot? That was silly.
- Mom, maybe Ellen will help us get a baby!
- Is Audrey in MY Utah? Cause that will make me really mad.
- Look mom (pointing to the tv) those girls are not modest. I am going to be not modest like them when I am big. (We have been talking about how we don't wear certain kinds of clothes. Probably a total double standard, but it was cute when she was a baby, she is big enough now to understand.....or so I thought she understood???)
- Mom, my baby is so sad, she wants you to hold her with two hands and look at her in the eyes.
- Dad, me and mom gave a man on the street some cash because he didn't have a home, or food, or a toaster.
Behaviors:
- Officially has the "rolling of the eyes" down to a T.
- Gets embarrassed now when I tell Jimi something cute that she did during the day...she will say, "stop it" in the cutest little voice.
- Sings. all. day. long. and dances too! She loves Justin Bieber and One Direction. She calls JB just Bieber and 1D "the boys" or "the brothers" and can sing along to 3 of their most popular songs.
- When we are in the car we sing to "mom's music" ie Adele, Maroon 5, Gotye, etc. and she knows most of the words to those too.
- Takes really good care of her dog and loves Roxy so much. Always wanting to buy a toy for Roxy when we are out and about and usually picks out the toy that Roxy ends up loving for weeks.
- Loves to read and sometimes the only punishment that works is to take away her books... (secretly, I totally love this! Not the taking them away part, but the part that she loves them so much!) Recently, we just started reading the early reader chapter books. We have already read Huckleberry Finn and now are on to The Secret Garden. I know right? But she picked them....so whatever.
- With the good comes the not so great. ;) G has become much more independent. She does not want help getting in the car or out, no matter how much of a hurry I am in. She is very stubborn at times and often what she has in mind isn't always what mom and dad have in mind so occassionaly there are tears. And by tears. I mean TEARS!!! d-r-a-m-a!!
- Mom and Dad are smitten with her and we love every moment with our little Gracie May.
1 comment:
Yay!!! It's about time. I didn't like the long break you took from blogging. It's fun to see all the photos and updates of your adventures in Seattle. What a cute family!
Post a Comment