Saturday, July 16, 2011

Loaded up and Cleaned Up!

Thanks to our awesome brothers, Ryan, Scott, Nate, Matt and Craig and my parents we got all moved out and into my parents' house.  It was a pretty long day and no matter how well you feel like you are prepared to move, there always seems to be SO MUCH MORE to do!  I had been packing for days even weeks and yet I had all that awkward junk left that wouldn't fit in boxes!  I kinda hate moving and knowing that I am going to be doing it again this time next year makes me kinda want to start packing right now!  :)   

Anyway, here is all of our stuff loaded up!  Kinda looks like a bunch of junk when it is all just piled together. 




 So in the crappy housing market, we decided to not try to sell but to rent it out instead.  Kinda made me sad cause I loved the memories we made during our 4.5 years in Clinton and I didn't want renters to come in and trash the place.  BUT we found a really cute family to move in and now we may just hang on to the place as an investment property.
I decided to leave all the window treatments for the renters.  I was feeling generous and the mom said she really liked them and I wanted it to feel 'homey' for them.  But when they move out, the next renters aren't going to be so lucky cause I am gonna take 'em!  :)






I did very well with my emotions most of the day until I was packing up G's room.  That was the last thing I did and waited till the end so I could leave her little world as normal as possible for as long as possible.  My mom was with me in there and I just kinda lost it.  It was a sad moment.  This was her room.  The only room that she had ever slept the night in (except those several weeks at Grammy's).  From the day we brought her home she has slept in there.  Never in our room even though sometimes it would have just been easier that way.  She knew that space was designed just for her and she loved her room.  I know that she will love looking back and seeing pictures and I know she will have LOTS of bedrooms to come but for a few moments it was ok for me to cry about it. 




No comments: