Saturday, July 16, 2011

Daddy comes home and we go to the Zoo

Jimi was gone for 17 straight days!  That is the longest we have ever been apart!  It was pretty awful and so G and I wanted to surprise him when he got home.  We told him we would pick him up at the passenger pick up at the airport but all along we were planning on going in and meeting him in the baggage claim.  We made this fun little candy bar sign and were all ready to go!

Everyone who saw Grace holding her sign at the airport just smiled and commented on how sweet it was.  I wasn't sure what her reaction would be when she saw Jimi.  It was priceless.  She saw him coming down the escalator and started squealing!  Then as soon as he was off she ran under the little barricade thing and ran over to him.  It was such a precious moment.  I had tears in my eyes and so did Jimi.  He probably will kill me for putting this on here, but he couldn't even speak when he got to me.  What a great daddy!  His girls are so lucky!



So straight from the airport we headed to Hogle Zoo.  It was G's first time and she just took it all in.  Of course we paid extra to ride the train and the merry-go-round. 



Oh!  And G had to get a drink from the Lion drinking fountain.  I have a picture of me doing this twenty some years ago.  So fun.


No comments: