The History of August 14th...
The Kiss
The Kiss
August 14, 1945
NEW YORK – A 90-year-old who says she's the woman being kissed by a sailor in Times Square in one of World War II's most famous photographs...
"I went from Doctors Hospital to Times Square that day because the war was over, and where else does a New Yorker go?" she said. "And this guy grabbed me and we kissed, and then I turned one way and he turned the other. There was no way to know who he was, but I didn't mind because he was someone who had fought for me."
"As for the picture," she says, "it says so many things — hope, love, peace and tomorrow. The end of the war was a wonderful experience, and that photo represents all those feelings."
****
I think this picture too, says so many things....hope, love, peace, tomorrow and FOREVER!



7 comments:
Sarah, that is so sweet! You guys are so dang cute together. What a perfect couple! Love ya!
Cute post!!
Just to let you know on Friday Nov 14th we will be changing our blog from erinulm.blogspot.com to derekanderin.blogspot.com! Thought I would let you know so you can update your blog so we can still keep in touch!
What a great post. I love the pciture off the two of you. Very fun!
what a neat post. Love th picture of you guys on your wedding day.
awww... the kiss! Someday someday! haha, look forward to seeing you guys this weekend.
I love that V-Day kiss!
Your blog is so cute. I would love to keep in touch with you. It is so nice to meet other people who are pursuing adoption. I'm glad Kristin put us in touch. Adoption is a rough road to take but sooooo worth it in the end. Let me know if I can answer any questions for ya. Keep in touch! If you want, you can email me at heidibrown80@hotmail.com.
I heard about that kiss...you guys are so dang cute! Perfect together :) I keep thinking about you guys and hope everything is going good.
Post a Comment