Friday, February 1, 2008

The worst week ever!!

So, last Friday Jimi and I flew down to Phoenix to spend some time with his parents who are serving a mission there and to attend his Grandma Richin's 95th birthday party. With the best of intentions, we left our house Friday morning at 3:30 AM, ready for a weekend of bliss...........FAR FROM IT!

Upon landing in Phoenix, we went to breakfast at IHOP. Jimi having the breakfast sandwich melt, and I, the country omelet (ham, onions, cheddar cheese and hashbrowns...very good). Immediately after, I felt sick. Well, little did I know, we had a 2 hour drive into the little community in which his parents resided. Unfortunately my stomach could not handle two hours.....and I actually got sick in the Basha's grocery store restroom with other customers listening to my cruel humored stomach....sorry about that folk!

Next day. Jimi got sick. Like fever of 101, hot and cold flashes, dizziness, etc. Well this happened to be the day of the birthday party. Party starts at 3:00 PM and ends at 5:00 PM. Well we go to the doctor at 1:45ish, leave the doctor at 4:45ish, go to the pharmacy and arrive at the party around 5:30...just in time to see everyone cleaning up and going home......We missed it!!

Sunday we missed church because we had such a crappy night from sleeping on the pull-out-couch-bed and its 3 inch thick mattress. So we miss church. We fly out at 10:10PM, or so we thought.....nope, our flight gets delayed and doesn't leave Phoenix until 2:45 AM.....so stuck are we at the airport for 7 hours!

Two days after we get home I find out I need a root canal!! Never had one, don't really want one, petrified of the dentist!


One day after that my car gets broken into. I come out of my office at work to find my passenger front window has been smashed and the little thief has taken......my church bag!! In it is my brand new scriptures and my Relief Society notebook......maybe there will be an awesome conversion story???

I have had better weeks.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yep- that's the worst week ever! I am so sorry! Hope things get better soon!